Need Permit Expediting in the Los Angeles County area?
Is this your first time in need of a permit and you don’t know where to start?
Have you waited for hours in line at the building department to get answers only to end up more confused than when you started?
You may want an extra bedroom or add a second story to your home. Perhaps you dream of adding a Recreation Room or Accessory Living Quarters to your existing Single Family Dwelling. To be done legally, all projects involving construction require building permits and must go through the rigorous scrutiny to be approved by the City of Los Angeles Department of Building and Safety.
If you have never been through a building permit process in Los Angeles, you may be in for a shock. It’s rarely simple as no two projects are the same. Different processes and application types may apply to the Scope of Work you are proposing. This process can be very simple or incredibly complex depending on the location of your property and the scope of work you propose to do.
The degree of difficulty depends on factors such as:
- Zoning Designation
- Department of City Planning Ordinances
- ZAA Hearing Decisions
- Overlay Zones
In addition, complications arise if your property is located in:
- Hillside Area
- “Q” Condition Specific Plan Area
- General Specific Plan Area
- Enterprise Zone
- Historical Preservation Overlay Zone
- Design Review Board
Determining and understanding all of these property definitions and designations are vital before you start the process of getting plans from an Architect, Soils, or Structural Engineering firm.
- We can help with coordinating all the Documents you will need & take care of going to the Building Department to see your Plans through the Permit process.
- We can even design & draw a set of plans for you to get a Building Permit. Whether it’s a Residential, Business, Industrial, or Commercial project, new or remodel, we specialize in Permit processing.
Call (310) 592-5566 for more information
- We will review the permitting procedures for any government agencies and will advise you about the minimum submittal requirements, building codes, amendments, and other information that may be useful.
- We will prepare and fill out the proper applications required for the submittal and review process.
- We will submit to all agencies required for a permit, secure over-the-counter plan checks when allowed by agency, follow-up with all departments to insure an expedited review, retrieve all corrections from each agency, fax or email corrections and status reports back to you, and provide any final information needed in order to pull the permit on a project that is Ready-To-Issue.
- We will advise you if the city in which the project is in has any expediting procedures in order to get the project permitted as quickly as possible. Having us handle the project also attributes in expediting their permit.
- Building permit fees can often be highly unreasonable. We can help reduce the permit fees by calculating a reasonable valuation to the project and other items such as changing the names of certain rooms, etc.
- Once the project is submitted into the governing agencies, we will supervise the permit process to insure the turnaround time is adequately met.
- We will provide you with any final information needed in order to pull the permit on a project that is ready to issue. We will also provide further assistance in handling any revisions or addendum if need be.
- we provide additional services such as code research and drafting services as well.
PERMIT PROCESSING FEE INFORMATION:
Conditional Use Permit Processing (CUP): From $500-$10,000.00
Residential New Home: $2500.00 & up
Residential Additions: $1500.00 & up
Commercial new building from: $250-$5000.00
Commercial Tenant Improvement: $1250.00 & up
Since 2001 we have expedited building permits, from simple Room Additions to New Single-Family Dwellings, Tenant Improvements, Conditional Use Permits, and Zone Variances.
DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME BY STANDING IN LINE AT THE BUILDING OR PLANNING DEPARTMENT. GIVE US A CALL. WE CAN HELP YOU WITH YOUR BUILDING PERMIT PROCESSING NEEDS!